Sign Up Steps:
- Join The Translation Network by clicking the “Sign Up” button located at the top right of the
- Fill in your details as indicated on the sign up form. Please note that you can customize your profile as much
as you would like, but best practice is to provide as much detail as possible. We also highly recommend uploading a
clear picture of yourself, so that potential clients can put a face to the great work you'll be providing
- You will then be informed that your profile has been received by the Project Coordination Team for review, via
a confirmation of receipt screen.
- The Project Coordination Team will review your application to ensure accuracy and experience.
- You will then receive an email with a short translation test and any other questions the team may have
regarding your CV and certifications.
- Once your profile has been vetted by our team, you will be informed over email, and asked to sign in to ensure
all account information is correct.
- You can now sit back, and wait for translation requests to come in that fit your profile expertise and language
Part 1: Bidding
- When a client enters a request for a translation project in your language pairings, it will appear in your work
feed of potential jobs to bid on. You will be able to bid on either the translation portion or the
proofreading portion of the job, and will need to respond in separate submissions for either one through the
dedicated project page for each one. NOTE: proofreading jobs will contain “PROOFREADING” in the title
of the project. Otherwise, the job should be considered a translation only job, so you would need to bid
- You will then be able to bid on the project based on a per word rate. NOTE: if you prefer to work based on an
hourly rate, simply calculate your desired hourly rate by converting it to a per word rate based on the document(s)
- Your bid will be submitted to the client for their review. They will have the ability to view your profile to
learn more about your areas of expertise, years of experience and your price for the project.
- If you are successful in your bid, you will receive an email notification. You will now be able to login to the
portal and download all required documents for translation.
Part 2: Project Work
- Once you have accepted the job, and have downloaded the documents, you may begin work on the project! All notes
from the client will be included in the original job posting.
- For larger projects, you may be asked to provide an update on your progress at regular intervals, so that the
client can be kept in the loop on all developments with the work.
- You may also submit any questions relating to the source material at any time throughout the project. However,
we HIGHLY recommend that you review as much as possible up front, so that we can pass along any questions as early
as possible to the client.
- Once you have completed the translation, you will upload the document and our project coordination team
will review before passing it along for proofreading. Please note that once you submit your translation
on the platform, it is considered a “final” submission, and you won't have the ability to make
any further edits.
- When the proofreading is complete, and the document uploaded, you will be asked to confirm the suggested
changes via email from our Project Coordination Team, thus completing the end translation for client
Part 3: Payment and Rating
- 50% of the total payment will be paid to both the translator and proofreader within 24 hours of final
project being upload.
- The client will then have 2 weeks to review the end translation for approval, and will submit a review and
rating based on their satisfaction with the end product. Once they have submitted their review and/or rating, the
project is marked as “complete”, and the final 50% payment is immediately paid to the translator and
- You will then be prompted to provide feedback on your project counterparts (ie. The translator can comment on
the proofreader's feedback, and the proofreader can comment on the translator's initial
translation) via email, as we always like to hear about successful projects, and our talented linguists! The
Translation Network can then update your profile page with the feedback provided, so that future clients can share
in those successes.
- You may now bid on your next project!